27 June 2007

Recipe of the .... as often as I remember

Since there is no water, I have resorted to other methods of entertaining myself, posting my favorite recipes.

Grilled Beef w/ Portobello Relish

Ingredients:
4 beef tenderloin steaks (or whatever steaks you can find)
1 medium onion, diced
8 ounces fresh portobello mushrooms (I use oyster mushrooms because that is all I can find), diced
4 tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
1. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks.
2. Meanwhile, for relish, grill or fry onion, mushrooms and tomatoes together.
3. In a bowl, stir together basil, garlic, olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper and the grilled or fried vegetables. Spoon warm relish over steaks.
Makes 4 servings.

No comments: