28 November 2007

MTN Marathon Warm-up

For those who are looking forward to some deep thoughts after our vacation... sorry... my mind is on screen-saver mode with pictures of the beach flashing every 5 seconds...

So for a few days its blogger-lite.... with stories of vacation, 10Ks, and Thanksgiving...

On Sunday Nov 18 Christine and I ran a 10K (6.1 Miles) warm-up for the Kampala Marathon... as you can see from the crowd 2 white runners can really stick out in a field of 500 African runners...



I was planning on running the marathon... but I started have problem with my IT Band when I got up to 12-14 mile runs 2 months back... so I am running the half-marathon on Dec 9 and Christine will be running the 10K..



Despite the hilly course Christine and I both ran our best 10Ks... at least ones that we've timed...

Christine finished somewhere in the middle of the Kenyan pack and finished in 19th place for the women with a 59:47 time... she doesn't look like a mother of 2 preschoolers out on the track!

I finished behind the Kenyans but ahead of the Ugandans in 59th place for the men with a 44:48 time... I was amused to see that the guy in 57th place ran it in a pair of dress shoes, slacks and cuff-links...



Of all the race shirts I've gotten over the years... this one is the most likely only to be worn once... unless I'm planning on running on the side of the road after dark...

1 comment:

KELLY said...

Nice work! I see they didn't change up their race shirts too much.