09 November 2007

Random Life Update


It's been a hectic week around the house and only promises to get busier...

Christine has been at Bethany Village everyday this week with a team from EV Free Conejo Valley... they are building a piggery (probably the wrong term but I'm working on my ag slang so I can talk shop with my wife), installing a water irrigation system and fencing in 7 acres for the cows. Bethany Village was also just awarded a huge grant to expand the farm... but Christine can probably explain it better... stay tuned!



Kadin woke up screaming at 4 AM... no reason too worry, it happens with Kadin... then I heard the vomit hit the hard wood floor... which had me excited for the easy clean up but worried for him. He had a temp of 102.2 but seemed very alert and talkative... "Kadin, spit on floor... big mess... Kadin, needy spit again"... Fortunately, Faith, one of the Wentz Medical Centre nurses lives with us and told us it could wait until morning... since most doctors don't work nights. We took him to the med centre first thing in the AM and discovered he has a bacterial infection in his digestive track... which made me feel justified for the continued spankings I give him for drinking bath water...



We have two new puppies... the dog in the picture is the watchdog Christine found for Bethany Village. For 2 days Christine exercised self-control by driving past the 2 puppies laying on the side of the road snuggling with their dead sibling... but on day 3 she gave into their charm and we now of 2 puppies the size of over-grown rats... Kadin loves to carry the two of them by their tails, one in each hand. They will probably stay with us until January and then we'll give them away... no names have been given to them at this time...



This is a picture of the first pets we have ever eaten... they taste great... except it was raining so I forgot to check on the bar-b-que and the first chick got charbroiled... Speaking of chicks currently Christine has 120 newborn chicks stuffed away in a small room at our house... they'll be with us until they move to Bethany Village in January...



Annet and Apollo got hitched... I used the wedding as an opportunity to embrace the culture... so I showed up an hour late... which is just in time. Christine was sick so she couldn't make it to the wedding but was able to brave the reception.... speaking of sick its been 212 days since my kidney stone and I believe that is a new personal best for "days without illness"... I'll probably being dying in a hospital in Gulu by Monday... speaking of Gulu (which is in Northern Uganda) I'll be there with a team of pastors from Cornerstone Sat-Wed...

Hope you enjoyed this random update... its Friday and you're probably just surfing the internet since your bored at work anyways... so go home early and tell your boss I said its okay!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the random updates Jeff. How are your students doing? I'm wondering about Immanuel and his seizures.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing hotter than a fat berkshire with a bunsh of piglets.
-abel