10 December 2007

Lesson Learned

I'm never going to boast about my health again... or at least not until I forget this promise...

After boasting of 225 days of perfect health I've now been bed ridden for 11 of the past 17 days...

I've had a bacterial infection (which is officially what they say when they have no clue)... a gastro-intestinal infection (which was an amazing form of weight loss)... and a yeast infection (the most masculine of all)...

Currently I am at home on the couch directly under the window with an IV of antibiotics hanging from the curtain rod... I have a line inserted into my left hand for the next 5 days so the doctor can push whatever drugs necessary into my body...

Seriously its time for some major life changes...

I will no longer be a hypocrite to my sons... I will also wash my hands before dinner...

I will no longer make fun of visitors... I will also carry a bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket...

I will no longer fall victim to peer pressure... I will introduce the fist punch and eliminate the traditional handshake...

I will no longer enjoy bad food... I will become a vegan when Ugandans attempt to serve me milk or meat...

I will accept defeat... my body isn't becoming immune to African illness... when it comes to survival of the fittest I'm at the bottom of the food chain... so for the sanity of my family and myself... I'm going to become a wheat grass eating, vitamin taking health nut... at least until I start craving food again...

No comments: