11 January 2008

And she is off...

In 3 hours Christine will be taking off... so we are hanging out in the Gaba internet cafe trying to check Christine in so she doesn't get stuck right next to the toilets on the flight...

I'm probably going to butcher this considering the closest I've been to a farm is watching Charlotte's Web with the boys... but I'm going to attempt to describe what she will be doing the next 2 weeks...

She is headed to Fort Myers, Florida where she will be doing an internship at ECHO... I have no clue what ECHO stands for but I think it is a research center (site, farm?) for tropical agriculture... basically for those who have no clue... like me... they find ways to grow blue mangos, 20 pound pineapples and underground guavas...

In the mornings she will work in the garden perfecting her hoeing techniques, weed pulling skills and wrist flicks for sowing seeds... after lunch she gets to chose particular areas of interest that she would like to study... I'm not sure what she is chosing but I would go for... weeds that pull themselves, bananas that never turn brown and how to farm without getting your hands brown...

For those who actually do know something about farming or want a better explanation than I can give... check out www.echonet.org... and for all you humanitarians, missionary farmers and earth-lovin' tree-huggin' types if you are really curious go to the ECHO website and you can sign up to be part of their super-secret community and fill out a form to get access to their top-secret web-page where you will find the formulas for instant rain, winter jack-fruit and where to buy fertilizer made from Elvis' remains...

So off she goes.. we will all miss you but your 3 boys will survive!

No comments: