15 January 2008

I am so Lost...

I sat there for 60 minutes and couldn’t move… I wanted to scream but I couldn’t make a sound… I wanted to ask questions but there are no answers… for 60 minutes I felt completely lost…

There was so much information to processes but instead all I wanted was more information…

How long had it been?
Who had survived?
Was it all a dream?

When Charlie died I felt crushed but I’m glad he went out a hero…When I saw Jack lost in a world of addiction I wanted him to pull it together like he had so many times before…

Whose funeral? And why did no one come?

Why was Kate not in jail?

I was proud of Hurley and confused where the bullet hole on Locke’s chest went…

I’m probably a year behind the rest of the world… but I just finished Season 3 of LOST… I want to scream and never watch TV again… but at the same time I want Season 4 to start right now!

There are probably websites to help me with all of this but the internet is painfully slow. Bonus features would help but all I have is a sad pirated copy with no bonus features and deleted scenes… just plenty of missing senses throughout the episodes… I need to talk it out so here it goes:

1) The funeral was either Ben, Locke of Michael…

Ben is an easy guess because Jack said he wasn’t family or a friend… and Kate was repulsed by the idea of going to the funeral…

Locke makes sense because trying to keep everyone on the island isn’t any way to make friends and influence people… “Live together, die alone”… and he was alone is his desire to stay…

Michael is a wildcard… yes he did it to save Walt BUT the guy is a sell-out…

2) Kate’s new guy was Sawyer, Hurley or Sayid…

Sawyer is the easy choice… but Sawyer and Kate is too predictable which isn’t LOST so my money is on Hurley…

Hurley is the money choice because Kate’s biggest need is acceptance, which she didn’t get from her mom or Jack… and Sawyer is emotionally unavailable or developmentally emotionally challenged… Hurley loves and accepts everyone and that might be just what Kate needs…

The wildcard is Sayid… they both can’t stand to be left off a jungle mission and they would make a killer crime-fighting or crime-causing duo…

3) Jack is a mess and wants to go back to the island because he lost Kate, has no one to save, or he really misses tropical medicine…

Kate is an easy choice considering the quick rebound with Juliet, which was bound to be short lived… Kate broke his heart and Jack doesn’t give second chances… although this time he should have reconsidered…

Seriously, a guy with a savior complex like Jack belongs on that island… nothing else will ever compare… no wonder he wants to go back…

Anyone can do neuro-surgery but to beat guys up and then be able to fix them up was the pinnacle of Jack’s career… tropical medicine wins!

Where does it go from here?

Short answer: Nowhere

In Season 4 a new lead character is introduced along with Jack, Kate and Sawyer as they all agree to work for Ben… probably a long lost sibling to one of the 3… none want to work for Ben but each realize that it is easier to keep evil in check than to stop it… the season will be a sad attempt to reuse storylines from seasons 1-3

Season 5 will be a shortened and final season… Kate will be pregnant and the writers will write it in as if its part of the script… Jack and Kate will end up together but it will be so predictable that it loses the viewer interest…

JJ Abrams is a great 3 season series creator… but seasons 4 and 5 are two seasons too many… refer to ALIAS… but for now “who cares” Season 3 had me up all night!

3 comments:

Jerry W said...

lol. for a minute i thought you were talking about real people. hahah. i'm a LOST addict too..

Emmett Scott Zeller said...

Jeff, I'm with you on reaction to the finale. They've been running previews here for S4 which seem to suggest that a portion of the survivors end up going home this season while a portion stay, and the trailer includes the scene where Jack (back in the regular world) tells Kate "we need to go back". So are they going to come home, and then try to journey back? I don't know. But I'll be watching. -Eric Z

Jen said...

Please excuse my Lost nerdiness, but I've read interviews with Abrams and other Lost execs that say they've got the whole series mapped out. We're supposed to be comforted in knowing that there won't be any more random undiscovered survivors like the 2 that showed up in the beginning of S3. What were their names? See, they weren't important! Anyway, with this writer's strike we're in for a short season 4, let's hope they build on the S3 finale momentum. Lost nerd signing out...