04 January 2008

More on Kenya


So I got around to reading a few articles today and its much worse than I had heard at the gas station...

Everyone likes to identify themselves... Democrat, Republican, Tree Hugger or whatever it is that Al Gore has become... but in Africa it isn't about party but instead it is all about tribe...

You vote for your tribe and you fight for your tribe... currently the incumbent president who rigged the election is a part of the majority tribe and the little guys from smaller tribes are fighting back...

Here's a link my dad sent me the pretty much explains it all... www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22998700-7583,00.html

And for those who are interested in how tribalism has effected and is still impacting Uganda... go to this link and buy the film... www.ugandarising.com

Sorry the fancy blogger "click the link" function isn't working today... I'll be sure to lodge a complaint on your behalf...

No comments: