24 February 2008

Health Updates

I now know why God doesn't allow hair to grow on boys faces until their teen years... if it came any sooner they would rip their faces off...

We spent the week try to convince Kadin that the reason his stitches hurt was because he wouldn't stop pulling on them... for some reason he doesn't pull the thousands of hairs on his head... but he had a field day with the 2 little stitches under his lip...

Fortunately the stitches came out yesterday... it only took me, 2 nurses and a doctor to hold him down... no back board... although Kadin has a cold... so while screaming and crying he kept blowing snot bubbles all over the stitches... which made it difficult for the old doctor to see the stitches... which then made the nurses laugh hysterically... which led to no charges for the appointment... this is the first time Kadin and I have gotten paid... in a way... for our misadventures...

Speaking of colds... we all got it bad... the doctor wanted me to go on antibiotics... until he got my labs back and realized that my stomach can't handle anymore antibiotics... so he gave me a pat on the back and said good luck...

Speaking of my back... that was a problem too this week... but me labs also showed something wrong with my kidneys from all the high fevers I've had... nothing major, I just can't remember what is called... so I have to stay away from all pain medications and any thing with alcohol... so again no medicine from the doctor... just this new cologne... Bengay...

Being a glutton for pain and ridicule I also went to the eye doctor... for those who don't know how blind I am... this time it was so bad the Ophthalmologist thought it would be fun to walk around the office with my classes on... I wasn't amused... until he hit the first wall...

We're all on feeling better now from the cold... nothing 3 Airbornes a day can't cure...

1 comment:

Flo Oakes said...

Okay...health food nerd alert here:

Are you allowed to take Garlic??

I don't know its effect on the kidneys...and I KNOW everyone on here will probably think I'm a nutjob and wonder why I'm giving advice, but I have cured sinus infections, flus, and other things that I wanted to avoid antibiotics for by taking massive amounts of garlic.

Seriously... when I was sick and preggers, my midwife would have me eat an entire clove of garlic every hour and I always got better.

What I do now, is buy empty pill capsules from the natural health food store, and fill them with crushed RAW garlic, and take 3 "pills" every 2 hours.
It was the only thing that cured this last nasty sinus infection.

Also, there is tons of medical research on it, and even in the world wars they used it against staph infection, and when all other medicines failed, garlic worked.
It is a natural antibiotic/antiviral/antiseptic.

Google it. You will be amazed.
Again, you might not be able to take it because of your stomach..but you could at least check it out.

If you do, a warning, you WILL reek of garlic. I am pretty much one huge walking clove of garlic.

Mmmmmmm, garlic.