02 March 2008

Missionary Boot Camp - Part 6

Another week has come and gone and I find myself wanting to say the same things as before... NMSI is great... we are busy and loving every minute...

So instead of saying the same things over and over... here's the random highlights from the week...

1) I got to knock a locked door open for the first time in my life... Kadin was napping... then he woke up and decided to give his grandparents a scare by locking himself in his room... when the called I came running... I knew Kadin would be fine... but I wanted to knock the door in before my dad had the chance to do it himself...

2) I joined a Biggest Loser Club... I don't expect to win... I'm just tired of coming to the US and gaining back all the weight I worked so hard to throw up while being sick in Uganda...

3) I'm being treated for an amoeba... most likely giardia... that just sounds so cool to say! A doctor friend thought it fit my symptoms... and I love Dr. House so I thought I should be open to diagnostic medicine as well... it seems to be working...

4) LOST is painful to watch... how to you people make it a week waiting for the next episode... I'd much rather stay clueless until the season comes out on video... yet every Thursday an unexplained force draws me to the TV...

5) Every stereotype about Florida is true... there are old people here... along with millions of pharmacies, hearing aide and eyeglasses shops, early bird specials and bingo nights... I find myself much more scared of Granny behind the wheel then I am of driving in Uganda...

There you have it... everything you didn't need to know...

No comments: