05 April 2008

No Longer Terrible…

They are called the terrible 2's... but for Kadin were terrific, terrifying and at times troublesome... I'll remember them all as terrific...

On Sunday Kadin turns 3... at times it feels like he's been 3 for months... other times I wish I could stop time and just keep him here a few more days...

Although it is annoying at times to hear parents go on about their kids... I'm going to do it anyway... because I want to always remember these years... and I want him to see the way I remember him... especially when he's 16 and backs my truck into the side of the house...



I love that Kadin can't help but let the world know what he's feeling... whether he's screaming "Ka-Kin, DON'T DON'T like it!" or when he runs straight up to a stranger and lets out a lion "ROAR!" ... like his dad... Kadin can't hide what is going on inside...

I love it when he scrunches his nose... points his finger... and barks out commands to whomever is in his war path...

I love watching him play dress-up... even if he does prefer high-heels, a pink dress and beaded jewelry...

I love watching him play with Noah... he loves his big brother...



I don't want to forget... his first day of school... how he beamed with pride from ear to ear... knowing he could go to school with his big brother...

I don't want to forget the never ending flight to the US... when he jumped on me for 20 hours and ripped a hole in my pants... drank a whole bottle of syrup at IHOP... and then finally feel asleep in my arms on the flight from Miami to Fort Myers... with a flight full of "snow birds" wishing he was their grandson...

I don't want to forget those times when the only person you wanted was dad... when you would run as fast as you could into my arms and leaping with the last step... and then holding on like you never wanted to let go... I love being your dad!



At times Kadin's sense of adventure terrifies me... like the day I found him hoping on the top of an 6 foot ladder... or the other day when he peed from the drawbridge an onto the double slide at the park...

Although there is always behavior issues to work on... I don't want his sense of adventure to change... there is a way other dads look at him... admiring his bravery... hoping their son can be the same... I just hope I never take that bravery or sense of adventure away...

Kadin... my dream for you is that you will always be brave... never fearing anyone or anything... except God alone!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Kadin! We love you. Jason, Cameron, Auntie Jen and Uncle Darren

Abigail said...

that's so great! i can't wait for your boys to get back here!

Teenietinyt said...

HAPPY B-DAY KADIN!!!!
I MISS YOU...we'll eat grasshoppers together again someday!!!!
Make sure and hug your ROCKSTAR DAD, SUPERMOM, and EXTRA-SPECIAL BRO!!!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Kadin! We can't believe your THREE already! Enjoy some cake and ice-cream...eat some for Catelyn too!
Love, Corey, Megan & Catelyn

Sallie said...

Don't forget - "The bull-do-dozer broke da house!"- Spoken in a gruff voice as only Kakin can do! "We gonna build a new one". I also love how he starts hitting things with a stick all the while exclaiming, "Work, do my work!"

Kadin - thanks for sharing your birthday with us. We had a wonderful time with you and the whole family. You are a SUPER kid!
Love, Nanny and Pops

Jerry W said...

It's great how you love your boys like that. =)