03 April 2008

Something Old… Something New...

Many times I assume that people know important information because I spend my entire day thinking about it… I have entire conversations with people… I solve matters of global warming, wars in the Middle East and the Dodgers third base situation…

The problem is that many times I forget to take the conversation out of my head and share it… some of you may find this hard to believe… so here’s an example…

With all the talk of a new missions agency and being in Florida I forgot to mention… what’s new in Uganda for the Atherstone Tribe and what’s staying the same…

What’s staying the same?

We are still living in Bunga… Our personal growth goal is to move less in the next 30 years than we have in the last 3… it won’t be hard… 10 moves was about 9 too many…

Jeff is still working with Africa Renewal Ministries as the Vice-Principal / Academic Dean / Professor / In-Resident White Guy at Gaba Bible Institute… training pastors was the original calling and the phone is still ringing off the hook…

Noah and Kadin are still at Rainbow International School… Noah informed me today in the car… “Daddy… my body belongs in Africa… because it wasn’t made for the cold…” That warmed my heart! Kadin is still an adventure-a-minute kid… and desperately wants a lunch of rice and beans…

What’s new in Uganda?

Christine is now a missionary…

Wait… wasn’t she always a missionary you might ask…

Yes… she was… but when we were sent out the expectation of our original agency was that she would bake all day from scratch, carry water on her head from the river and home school the boys… It was kind of an all boys club and Christine’s calling was decided for her…

Note… there is nothing wrong with being a stay-at-home-mom… just had to throw that out… but it isn’t Christine’s calling and is no longer necessary with both boys in school…

Since she was 6 her calling / dream / destiny has been to be a vet in Africa… NMSI wants to see it happen and that is another huge reason why we love our new team…

So the new is this…

Christine is doing her Masters in Livestock Management through the University of London… its all by correspondence… so no need to travel… she graduates in 2010…

Upon graduation Christine will be diving neck deep into her dream… that’s no small change…

1 comment:

John said...

I think you inherited the gift for converstations in your head from me. So it is another gift that I gave to you without knowing it.