19 May 2008

Last Week

Let's face it... stonesinflorida is about as exciting as a Cymbalta commercial...

If you haven't seen one they are pretty depressing...

WE ARE READY TO GO HOME!

Saturday morning we fly to Washington DC and then Sunday morning when have our marathon flight from DC to Ethiopia... I'm prepared this time and will have an extra pair of pants... then Monday afternoon we will step off the plane in Uganda... tired but at peace...

We are looking forward to power outages, gas shortages and internet failures...

We are hungry for matoke, rice and beans...

We are looking forward to peaceful nights of mosquito bites, loud music from bars and the buzz of our electric barb-wire...

We are ready to be home and be in a place that has become normal for us...

Christine and I are also looking forward to preschool, Joseline and long village walks for the boys...

In April the thought of going back brought feelings of anxiety...

In May the thought of going back makes us anxious to be home...

I'm so excited to go back I even want to see our dog... although I remain committed to not touching him or any other animal...

I'm grateful for our time in the US and the training we have received...

I'm grateful that our time in the US has only increased our desire to go back...

.....

I also wouldn't mind having something interesting to write about...

4 comments:

Sallie said...

Jeff - It was good having you "home" even if just for a short while and all the way across the U.S. We had a wonderful visit with you in Florida and in Connecticut. We will miss you but look forward to the next time we see you. Mom and Dad will be praying you home to Uganda. We love you.

Love, Mom

Holly Bigelow said...

Jeffrey, you are adorable! I love to read what you write, no matter your geographical location! Thank you for stimulating me and inspiring me! May the LORD bless your family indeed! :-)

Jen said...

Oh, does this mean that we get another exciting travel blog soon? I think those are my favorite... Even though your Florida blogs weren't exciting, I have to admit that it's nice to check in on you and not worry.

Jen Powell said...

I find this post interesting. Justin and I have experienced the same feelings while being back in the states. It has only confirmed that we should go back. It's a good thing.

Too bad we missed each other. We are in Thousand Oaks right now. Bummer.