13 May 2008

When Africa Was Home

I have these weird moments with Noah... glimpses into the future where I see him as an adult... as a 4.5 year old he has an amazing ability to communicate his thoughts and feelings... he occasionally speaks into my life giving wisdom and encouragement...

This past week we had one of those moments...

We were reading stories and we came across a new book that Christine picked up awhile back...

Sidenote... For those who think I have an amazing ability to pick out great books on Africa... its only because Christine tells me which ones to read...

The book is called... When Africa Was Home... its a story about a young boy remembering his early years of growing up in Africa and longing to be back in a place where things are for him "normal"... a place which he considered to be "home"

For some reason I've gotten "in touch" with my feelings since being in the US... and I couldn't hold back the tears as I was reading about a little white boy longing to be back in Africa...

Noah gently put his hand on my arm and explained that he missed Africa too...

Its weird for me to think that my home might never be the home of my sons... its weird to think that when I fly to Uganda they are flying home...

Although our time at NMSI has been amazing we are eager to get back... back to Uganda... back to home... back to a place where we belong...

1 comment:

Teenietinyt said...

Such a good blog. I have thought A LOT about what I consider to be "home," and where I am visiting...Kadin's SO CUTE..! Such a SWEET boy!!!!!