03 June 2008

3 Posts in 1 Day...

It's my 2nd time using the internet in a week and the first time it's fast enough to publish anything... so the previous "traveling tips" were from a sleepless jetlag hangover a few nights back...

Here's the latest..

Passion Kampala was amazing... but I'll have to write more once I recover from the three 16-hour work days...

We had 27 of our closest friends out from NMSI and Africa Hope in Kenya to help out with the Passion weekend... it was great... and somehow we managed to have them all over for breakfast on Sunday... we can't wait to visit them in Kenya next...

The students at GBI were sitting in class... before 8:30 AM on Monday morning... waiting for class to start... I think they were a little excited to see me...

I missed the season Finale of LOST... so don't say anything... and I just found out about Lakers - Celtics... go Lakers!

Our car has been in the shop since we arrived so we still haven't seen it yet... its being "painted" so we are alittle scared of how it will turn out... but the loner has been amazing... Saturday night... or Sunday morning... around 12:30 AM I got to jump start it with the help of 2 would be robbers...

My camera got stolen over the weekend at the Passion event... so there won't be any pictures anytime soon... but my birthday is coming... soon if anyone is looking for ideas!

Alright... time to go out and celebrate the national holiday... Happy Ugandan Martyrs Day!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ahhhhh, it's so good to crack open the laptop before the kids wake up, drink a cup of tea and read your adventures. I'm so glad you guys made it safely home. Congrats on all the students in class ready to go.... you're a very popular teacher! Oh, and I think you said it was Marcie that made the stonesinuganda t-shirts... are they for sale?

marcie said...

I'm so glad you didn't sleep through Passion!! Early students had to have been an amazing sight!

Jen, I think you qualify for a family discount for stonesinuganda shirts so just send me your size and address and I'll get you one! marcied@amgen.com

Jeff said...

Go Marice!

Start turning a profit after you hook up the family... I'm taking a 30% cut off all the proceeds...

Jeff

marcie said...

I think we can have a sweet business...we'll start selling stonesinuganda shirts, hats, mosquito nets, bug repellant, barf buckets, iv bags...the opportunities are ENDLESS!!!!!

For the kingdom! :)