04 July 2008

Happy 4th...

It's the 4th and I'm up late... 11:30PM is late for us... celebrating the 4th by pounding the keys on the blog...

It was a good day...

I honestly forgot it was a holiday... American Holiday... until my Ugandan computer teacher sent me a text around noon wishing me a happy 4th...

Chrisitine and I spent the day driving up to Mubennde... not that you would know where that is... but if you have a general idea of where Kampala is then its a 3 hour drive west and slightly north...

There is an ag project up there sponsored by Acres 4 Life and we wanted to check it out... it was also a chance to hang out with a few Mizungu and visit one of my favorite pastors...Pastor Wilson... I should write more about him later...

But the most random thing happened at Pastor Wilson's church... we ran into our former retirment guy... and friend... from SoCal... it was so random... he was there with a team from Calvary Westlake... we hadn't seen each other in about 6 years since his daughter was in my jr. high group... it was a nice and random surprise to hang out with him and the team from Westlake...

Now I'm trying to stay up because the Prez of New Mission Systems Intl and head of Africa Hope are flying in tonight to hang out with us for the weekend... but their flight is delayed... they is going to call from Nairobi when their flight takes off and then it will take me the same time to drive to the airport as it will for them to fly from Kenya... that just seems weird...

So why am I rambling about 2 random stories 1) I'm trying to stay awake 2) Both stories remind me how small the world is which in turn reminds me of how big God is that He can ochestrat random opportunities to hang out and be encouraged by friends... even in the middle or eastern part of Africa... on a holiday that I forgot about...

Phone is ringing... time to drive to the airport...

2 comments:

Just Berean Real said...

Happy 4th of July, Boy Scout!

(Just checkin' out my new Blogger ID name...) Can you see my real name or my gmail email address, too? Or just my Blogger ID?

I want to post under a pseudonym on another blogspot account, but want to make sure my privacy is secure. Let me know, okay?

Blessings to Christian and the boys...
Diva <><

Just Berean Real said...

P.S. Christine! I know how to spell, I just type "Christian" more than Christine! :)