26 August 2008

Man-days...

The boys start school on Wednesday and I am between terms so I've taken the last 2 days off to help them get ready for school and to have some fun...

Monday was a day of work... we went to their school to buy new uniforms since they have both grown out of last years duds... feeling a need to reclaim the school as his own... Kadin dropped his pants and watered the flowers in front of the Administrative offices while we waited in line for uniforms... seeing that I was too late to stop him I looked away quickly then acted shocked when others started to notice...

Next stop... haircuts... usually these are an opportunity for Kadin to exercise his vocal cords but this time I taught him the joys of being in a room full of mirrors and we practiced our funny faces... which is a great skill to have in preparation for recess and lunchtime with friends...

Back at home Christine was busy painting Joseline's room so we decided to check the chicken coop for rats... we have have a ton out their recently so we have poison traps set up... with shoves in hand we set out to collect the dead rats... except one that looked dead was just sleeping and when I went to scoop him... he jumped... using my cat like reflexes I stabbed it with the hand trowel...

I don't think was a good example for the boys of being gentle with animals but they both thought it was pretty cool... that night Kadin had a nightmare about a rat... go figure...



Today was a play day... we went to the Speke Resort to see the horses and go swimming... I was all set to take pictures but they confiscated my camera at the front entrance... aparently the threat level for a terrorist attack is at orange today...

I was disappointed because the boys are really into their new swimming goggles and I think they look hilarious...



Last night I had to convince them that they didn't need to wear them to bed...



Sorry to all who were hoping for something more exciting but since I have a few days off I'll probably start blogging about every small detail of our lives... enjoy!

4 comments:

rolling stocks said...

thats amazing story.

Abigail said...

no apologies needed, this blog entry is perfect for me - those pictures are hilarious!

Sallie said...

I love the goggle pictures! They are already downloaded to iphoto!

Love, Nanny

Sallie said...

I love the goggle pictures! They are already downloaded to iphoto!

Love, Nanny