12 August 2008

Stones Identity...

I'm feeling a bit like Jason Bourne today...

Not the trained assassin part... more the mysterious ability to disappear and stay in hiding for long periods of time...

I got a letter from John Chiang... the California State Controller... saying that he has been unable to locate me since 04/28/2004...

No wonder California is taking so long to pass the budget... the State of California has been using all their resources to find me for the last 4 years, 3 months and 15 days... they must be exhausted...

The CFO himself is being sued by The Terminator... but he doesn't have time for that... he is playing "Where in the world is Jeff Atherstone?"

Apparently they owe me $51.23.. and it is keeping him up all night knowing that I might be starving as a missionary in the third world...

I decided to come out of hiding and identify myself... although it may be a trap... and already I have been emailed and passed on by 3 of his colleagues... I think the amount of man hours that has gone into this great search has already surpassed $512.30...

But I am truly grateful for this great search has taken place on my account... and as a token of my appreciation I am going to donate the proceeds from this State Refund to the 2 Ugandan couples that have invited me to their weddings this next month... in the hopes that their "great search" is finally over as well...

I really need to find something better to do when I can't sleep!

Goodnight...

1 comment:

BigAl said...

Happy Birthday Bourne,

Your favorite small group called you last night to sing, you had your phone on " nodody call me and sing happy birthday mode "
we are thinking about you and
praying for you guys,

A.H.F.T.

We needed a name to be cool.