09 September 2008

MIA Blogger...



This must be the longest I've ever gone between posts... the past few days I have been receiving countless emails from people wondering if I'm okay... thanks to both of you...

We are alive, healthy and near civilization... I must have just fallen off the blogging bandwagon...

Here is a re-cap of the last week...

Christine and I both got rear-ended while driving… each time a motorcycle hit us from behind… the driver was ejected… then he got up, jumped on the bike and took off before we could do anything… in other news car insurance premiums have been lowered in Uganda...

Ramadan started in this “Christian nation” and half the people are walking around hungry with turbans on their heads and stopping to pray when they hear the moaning music on the loud speakers… but I’ve already shared my belief that 67% of all stats are made up on the spot… so I figured I'd skip the whole blogging jihad on Islam this year...

After laboring on Labor Day we got 5 days notice for our own public holiday… apparently when a king dies the entire country gets the day off for burial… and the cool thing is we don’t even have to go to the funeral… although this one would have been interesting... the Busogan tradition, cultural or affinity for strange entertainment caused them to spear a cow for the occasion.... problem is the cow lived another 2 hours with a spear stuck in his side... like bull-fighting at an anti-PETA convention...

Today I arrived home to find Noah and Kadin chasing a monkey around our yard and hurling bananas at it... they were having a great time until the monkey got hungry and started chasing after them and the bowl of popcorn they were holding... Kadin must be the only boy to go to bed scared that the rats and monkeys are going to get him... oh, that one needs explanation... due to his habit of snacking in bed Kadin has attracted a family of rats who love to visit him at night... he claims one bit him but we have yet to see marks...



More posts to come... but for now... we are alive... thanks for your concern!

5 comments:

Kris and Busisi said...

I do want you to know that there are more than two people that read your blog...there is at least three...i check it regularly and enjoy reading your perspective on life in Uganda. I married a Ugandan and am currently living in Canada with him. I have spend many months/years there, so understand your situation. I love reading your blog, so don't think that you are doing it for nothing!

Lena said...

I can just picture that monkey chasing the boys...that made me laugh out loud! Thanks for coming out of hiding Mr. MIA...I missed hearing about all your great adventures =)

imjustaphoneguy said...

It must be very difficult for them to walk with a turbine on their head.

John said...

Turban or turbine one makes power the other makes shade.


On the other side of life...

Poor Kadin has produced his own circus, being chased by a monkey during the day and visited by rats at night. Long live snack food!

Most other little kids have to go visit a farm or zoo to have the daily fun that your boys enjoy.

Jeff said...

I like to think of it as creative spelling... although others may call it a typo... or is it tiepoo...