26 September 2008

Rats Face Revenge…

Kadin has overcome his fear of rats…

For the past few weeks he has been having night terrors in which he wakes up screaming about the rats that are out to get him… it all started with some innocent bed time snacking which attracted real rats to join him in bed…

This week at school he saw a rat and mustered up the courage to enact his revenge… he grabbed a pair of scissors and snuck up on the rat… in one fluid motion he reached out and cut off the rats tail… sweet revenge!

Unfortunately… the rat was a mouse… and the mouse was connected to a computer… and Kadin was banished from swimming time while he served his first detention for damaging school property…

I believe he holds the distinction of being the first 3 year old to have a face-to-face meeting with the Rainbow International IT Department...

Part of me wondered how a 3-year old could wander around a classroom and play at a computer with scissors... but not wanting to be "that parent" who thinks their child is never wrong I chose to get my mouth shut... instead Christine reminded me that on his own Kadin did apologize to his teacher which is something to be proud of...

He was welcome back into his class the next day and none of the girls had shorter hair when I picked him up so I figured the scissor issue had been resolved... but the clincher was when Kadin came running out of his class to show me the sticker on his shirt that he received for obeying his teacher... he was so excited I think he might try it again...

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Good for Kadin! Nanny and Pops are proud of you too!

Love, Nanny