19 September 2008

Three Weddings and a...

Introduction?

The bride won't be the only one wearing white this weekend...

As promised here is the picture of my dress (AKA... Kanzoo)... best 10 bucks I've ever spent!



Does it make my hips look fat?

This weekend I have 3 weddings and an introduction to attend... should have thought twice before I signed up to work with university students?

One is for a former translator, one is for a former co-worker and the introduction and a wedding our for two students at GBI...

With the amount of time it would take to attend all 4 events I can log an entire work week... fortunately and unfortunately all 3 weddings are at the exact same time... I really don't want to sit in the sun for 3 weddings but it is definately a challenge to pick just one to attend...

As it goes here in Uganda they all visited this week to request my presence and financial assistance for the event... good thing we spent time fundraising this year because I felt like an ATM machine... I thought having 2 boys meant that I wouldn't have to pay for a wedding?

I'll sneak a camera into the events for a few blog-worthy shots... this is a challenge since I will be sitting on the grooms side... any misbehavior or breaking of cultural customs on my behalf results in a fine for the grooms family...

Time to run... I can't be late... although that is highly unlikely!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, that is hot! Your hips look fine, don't worry about it. What do you mean they come by and ask for money? Explain please...