16 October 2008

Jeff’s Triennial Log… Blog date 10/13/08

Today is the last official day of the conference but not for Christine…

She woke up around 6:30 AM to take a taxi to the British Council in Thessoloniki (not a misspelling for all you Bible scholars)…

As part of her Masters Program for the University of London the final exam dates are fixed months in advance… wherever the student is in the world at the time of the exam they have to make their way to a British Embassy to sit for their exam… or she is living a double life as British spy and she has me totally fooled…

Although if being fooled by my spy wife makes me comparable to Jack Bristow... I need to get back to reality and...

Back at the conference… the General Sessions have focused on the NMSI Mission Statement and Core Values…

Okay… now that you have taken a huge collective blog-yawn… I’ll keep this brief…

These Sessions were one of the best parts of the entire conference… because the mission statement and core values can be seen in everything NMSI does…

Their consistency makes them so easy to work with and be a part of… making decisions on the field without the luxury of calling the main office at any time of the day… they are usually asleep when we are awake… has the potential to paralyze people from making critical decisions…

But I didn’t meet any paralyzed missionaries at the conference… instead I was surround by 300 missionaries that understood and embraced the culture and philosophy of the organization and who were free to work and be innovative within those parameters…

Does that mean we have good "ethos"... I really wanted to use that word but wasn't sure how... I've only seen it on water bottles.. .anyway...

Weird and amazing that you can create a cohesive working environment on 6 different continents with 300 employees of varying nationalities and backgrounds… but it works… we love NMSI… and I am not collecting any royalties or bonus checks to say so!

.....................

SERIOUSLY: This internet is smoking... I have to add random pictures... and it scores huge points with family members... like Darren, Cameron and Dad whose birthdays I missed this week... Happy Birthday to YOU and everyone else I missed!




4 comments:

EW Zeller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EW Zeller said...

Christine = Irena Derevko? I could see that.

Jen said...

Hi bubble boys! You guys take funny pictures. Love, Jason and Cameron

Sallie said...

Jeff - It's good to know you are all doing well. Tell Christine we have been praying for her taking her exams. Thanks for all the pictures and I tried not to laugh too hard or too long or too loud when I realized you were part of a seminar on Healthy Lifestyles. What a hoot!

Love, Mom