28 October 2008

Webcam...

I had the privilege of being a guest speaker in a computer class at GBI today... that one will definitely make it on my resume...

The topic was Macintosh computers... or as I appropriately titled the lesson... "once you go mac you never go back"

Instead of using a projector... since we don't have one... I held my laptop in the middle of the room while the 12 students surrounded the 15" screen...

They were amazed by the user-friendly features and the mac programs... iphoto, itunes, garageband, etc... but when we got to Photo Booth it was like a cat seeing itself in the mirror for the first time... they laughed and pawed at the camera taking turns so everyone could try...



When I got off a shot with the webcam the class went wild and couldn't believe the computer had "taken their faces"... at this point there was no use continuing the lesson as the students took turns taking their pictures...

I can't blame them for being excited... the boys and I do it all the time when we're bored... enjoy!


No comments: