02 November 2008

Faith's Introduction

Notice to Atherstone supporters... attending introductions is not our only "missionary activity"... we just figured that pictures of me teaching theology and Christine studying for exams wouldn't hold your attention...

So here we go again... on Saturday I attended another introduction... its becoming more common for Saturdays than cartoons...

Although this one was unique because I did not have to give a gift or a financial contribution... unless you count 18 months of free room and board to be a gift?

18 months ago Faith moved into our home to stay with us until her wedding... the wedding was supposed to be 3 months later but time isn't a big deal in Africa...

We have enjoyed having Faith in our home... but all good things must come to an end... while she was with us Faith worked at the Wentz medical center by day and broke world records watching TV by night... I think it took her less than 2 weeks to watch 6 seasons of 24...

She has memorized every movie we own and it still freaks her out every time she sees an actor on 2 different shows... one night she woke the whole house with her screaming... Sark made a guest appearance on CSI and she was convinced he was going to kill Grisom... back to reality...

I had a great time at the introductions... other than not getting a seat in the shade... and now there is more than one reason to call me a redneck...

It was great to see many of the layreaders that I trained in the Mukono Diocese back in 2006... Faith was one of those layreaders and one of my first translators... although she is still hard to understand... especially when she mixes her l's and r's...

I'm rambling...

Here she is...



And Faith wasn't the only one to get involved in the action... Joseline got to participate as a decoy bride... the part of the ceremony where the father pretends to have 10 daughters... or in some cases really does have 10 daughters... and parades them out for the grooms side to chose which one they want...

They picked Faith...



Josh came dressed as a Catholic priest... I tried to convince him that it wasn't a Halloween party...



Even after 3.5 hours in the sun Beth was all smiles... I think she was happy because she thought it would be over soon... rookie mistake...



We made it home before Sunday... after dropping off the 10 extra passengers that asked for a ride on our way out...

The house will be a little emptier soon... the TV will get a lot less use... but everyone in the house can celebrate now because Faith is officially introduced...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up with the ... every time the sentence gits good ... this is so frustratedling me ... I feel like I have missed so much of your heart and thoughts Jeffy ...
cordially yahoo to you
...