19 December 2008

Abandoned to Over-loved…

It’s hard to imagine abandoning a newborn… leaving them on the side of the road with no food or drink…

Although I could see myself doing it… if the babies were cats…

But these two pups were too cute to pass by… so yesterday we hit the brakes and Christine scooped up these little guys off the side of the road…



Christine gets weekly requests from other ex-pats to find them guard dogs or family pets... so we figured the easiest way to find dogs for these families is to scan the side of the road for abandoned pups... they aren't that hard to find... and yes, I did use the term "we" even though Christine does all the training and medical care... I do watch and take pictures...



They were covered in fleas, ticks and red ants… and whimpering the whole way home… but after a few hours of Christine’s animal magic… these guys were ready to face Noah and Kadin…

It did take a number of locked doors and warnings to hold the boys back but within seconds of there first encounter the pups went from abandoned to “over-loved”… our term Kadin impersonating Darla, the scary fish-loving niece in Finding Nemo…



The pups learned quickly that Kadin couldn’t reach them when they hid under the car… and Noah immediately named them Kabaka and Nala… which I found funny since that is the name of our other 2 dogs…

But Noah had a very convincing line of argumentation… “Well dad, one looks like Kabaka and one looks like Nala!”

Makes sense to me…

And for those who know me best… yes, “said they look cute… but no, I still haven’t touched either one!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh Jeff, the whole time I was wondering if you had touched one, waiting for you to admitt it!