09 January 2009

500...

I’m off to a slow start blogging in 2009… but I have a great excuse…

I’ve been trying to wait to write something spectacular for the 500th post on stonesinuganda… but inspiration for writing has eluded me this entire year… so far…

As most TV writers who have nothing to write about I considered a “flashback episode”… which really only gives the actors a week off and ticks off the fans that want the story line to move forward…

So instead I think the 500th post deserves a flash-forward… to the 1000th post … to be posted sometime in 2012 by 8-year old tech-savvy Noah who will have taken over the family blogging business…

Most of you have been following our adventures for the last 6 years… or since I was last in diapers… for the first 4 years dad wrote on and on and on about the minutia of our lives from encounters with strange animals to encounters with strange Ugandans… but after a while he ran out of things to write about… which most people credit to the timing of his growing a beard and becoming one of those weird missionaries…

Fortunately around that time Bill Gates installed CAT5 wiring throughout Africa to deliver high-speed internet to millions of malaria free Africans who had been saved by the scientific discoveries of the Bill Gates Foundation…

Dad quickly discovered YouTube and tried to resurrect the blog through a series of short videos on missional living in Africa… the videos were quite popular especially the one where he hit a giraffe while trying to drive and shoot video at the same time up at Murchison Falls…

After paying a large bribe to the Ugandan Wildlife Authority dad was released from prison and quickly over-produced more and more videos… which led supporters to believe that he never worked… the more videos he produced the worse things got… the low point being the reggae music video of himself and Kadin… I don’t blame Kadin… he’s still too young to develop any taste for music…

Around that time I volunteered to take over the business and began blogging rants and raves about the triumphs and trials of a 7-year old finding his way in Uganda…

So to Grammy, Nanny, Auntie Jen and the 4 others who have stuck it out through thick and thin… thanks for supporting the stonesinuganda!


Thanks to all who have stuck it out with stonesinuganda over the first 500 posts and to all who have joined us along the way… until you stop reading, you give me no reason to stop writing!

8 comments:

Abigail said...

oh my goodness! hilarious! love it.

Holly said...

I got my name in the blog! I think Noah should write more often.

Love,
Grammy

John said...

Somehow Noah at least has never judged you for your deep love of white-man dancing. Sometime you should come clean about your "inner dancer" urgings.Clearly, these were evident long before your journey to Uganda.

Aunt Pam said...

Too funny Jeff! However, does Christine know about your "very large bride" that you will be giving to the Ugandan Wildlife Authority?????
Do you have her hidden somewhere now, or are you just planning ahead? Will you have to wear a skirt for this presentation??
Inquiring minds want to know!

Lots of Love, Aunt Pam

Jeff said...

I think that is my best typo to date... it even got past Christine... or she's laughing at me in the other room...

I'd better go check...

Tim said...

I hope the next 500 are as funny, inspirational, insightful, and continue to provide me with something enjoyable to read when I need a break from the hectic day.

-Tim

Tim said...

I hope the next 500 are as funny, inspirational, insightful, and continue to provide me with something enjoyable to read when I need a break from the hectic day.

-Tim

Jen said...

Yay! Auntie Jen's doing her white-girl happy dance because she made it on the blog! And yes, I'm Jeff's sister so the dance is ugly!