06 February 2009

The Rains in Africa...

There is a reason why they sing "I miss the rains down in Africa!"

Because they love to 4X4...



Sure I have been late to work more this week than I was all last year... and sure I usually show up splattered with mud from head to boot... but I love the rain!

It starts with sudden bursts of wind... the crashing of doors and windows slamming from the force of the wind...

Next comes the pouring of rain... at times with the force of a fire hose...

And finally... the mud... 4-wheel drive... and the most challenging of driving situations... slippery roads covered with inexperienced drivers...

If we ever leave... I will miss the rains down in Africa!

3 comments:

Lena said...

I think you are going to have to give me some African driving lessons because this chick has never off roaded before :)

Jen said...

now the song is in my head...oh well, it is what it is! :)

SunnyD said...

I bet it would take a lot to drag you away from there. Maybe a hundred men or more. :)