29 March 2009

MIA for 2 weeks...

Christine is still guest blogging and I am anxiously waiting for the rabbit updates... the "blogging sabbatical" has been nice but I figured it was time for an update of the last 2 weeks of Jeff... before I forget what happened..

Kadin has been a great source of encouragement... after watching Beauty and the Beast he now tells anyone who will listen... "My dad's not crazy, he's a genious!"

I can tell I am getting closer to my 30s... I tucked in my shirt 3 days this week... I started drinking moringa tea to look younger and an afternoon headache is a reminder that I forgot to drink coffee..

I am now officially on the Board of Governors for GBI... my position is Secretary which is fitting since I think I am the only person on the Board who has had multiple pedicures over the last 12 months... marathon training is tough on the toenails... Thursday was my first meeting with the BOG and they were all pleased to see that we are half way through the improvements recommended by the National Council for Higher Education...

I have had a lingering cough for 2 weeks but it has been great for my health... my abs are so sore in the morning from coughing all night... if this cough can linger for a couple of months I think having a 6-pack this summer is a definite possibility...

I was on 2 news station in Uganda... NTV and WBS... it was a community service day for all the employees of Africa Renewal Ministry... and of the 300 of us clearing bile from the city sewers both camera crews decided to focus their cameras on the 1 white guy in his green ARM shirt and white ARM hat... here are a few pictures of my bosses... Pastor Peter and Pastor Fred doing their part...





In my spare time I put together a Campus Expansion Proposal for GBI and pitched it to a group of businessmen from the US... the liked the proposal so much that they are going to help Pastor Peter and I fundraise for the project when he is in the US in May and when I am there in July... here is a peak at the campus we hope to purchase and develop...



Finally, the next Atherstone NMSI Newsletter will be hitting your mail boxes by the end of April... for the loyal stonesinuganda followers here is some insider information... the newsletter will be announcing a new GBI Scholarship Fund that has been established... we also submitted a 30K dollar grant in hopes to get the fund off to a good start... keep it in your prayers!

No comments: