20 April 2009

Can you hear me now?

I have decided that if I were to lose one of my senses I would without a doubt go with my hearing...

My ears have been plugged for the last two weeks... to be exact my right ear for 8 days and my left for 16...

It's a bit disgusting but I create enough wax to open a candle factory... and when I go swimming the water has a magical way of stuffing the wax into the depths of my brain to close off all hearing ability...

The last 2 weeks have been pure bliss... I can sleep on my side and drown out the roosters and barking dogs... I can sit in my office and ignoring the knocking on the door... and for some reason my phone doesn't stop me from working anymore...

But I do still have a vivid imagination and tonight I am taking a flight to Kigali, Rwanda... for this reason my imagination has been running a scenario in which my ear drums explode from the pressure of flying a mile high while the flow of wax does permanent damage to my brain... so for the last 4 days I have be jamming q-tips, flushing peroxide and using all sort of African wives tales to clear up my ear...

In a desperate attempt to safe my ear and brain... I finally went to the doctor today... he gave me a 60 ml syringe and let me flush it myself...

Birds are chirping... children are laughing... and once again I can her my cell phone ring...

3 hours until take-off...

I will survive...

No comments: