13 April 2009

De-construction...

My favorite type of home improvement is demolition...

We took advantage of the 4 day weekend to begin the chicken coop remodel... our old coop has been eaten by termites and invaded by a community of rats... so the plan is to tear it down, pave the floor and re-build the coop with steel polls...

The size of the coop will also double so we can raise 200-250 chicks or possibly 75 turkeys for Thanksgiving... I think that party would outdo the pilgrims...



Noah got into the action early and quickly found that "bashing" was his primary skill...

Please excuse my running shorts... Saturday is my long-run day and I saw no point in showering or changing before getting sweaty a second time... besides I do believe that my runners legs are my best feature... enjoy!



Kadin soon came to agreement with Noah and began "bashing" himself...

But as most home improvement projects go... you can only keep 4 and 5 year-olds interested for 30-60 minutes before one hits the other with a hammer or they both get bored... in this case boredom struck first so it was just me and Papa to finish the project...

For those who are confused I am not referring to a black woman in a shack but my father-in-law...



As soon as the project is turned over to a work crew of 2 grown men conversation stops and all communication turns to manly grunts and an occasional "oh-yeah" when you knock something big and heavy down (other than yourself)...



We were amazed to see how big the side yard is when empty but before the month is out concrete will be poured and the new structure will be up...

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

John said...

Way to go manly men! Grunt, hit and move that lumber!

Kristen said...

I nearly snorted my computer into my face with "The Shack" reference. Praying for you guys and hoping you are doing great!

imjustaphoneguy said...

I too enjoyed your poke at Mr Young. Keep up the good work!