03 July 2009

God is moving...

Tonight was the first "BIG ASK" on the GBI Fun_raising tour... 

To be honest the "BIG ASK" is really hard for me... there aren't many things I mind saying... which you know if you have been reading this blog for awhile... but looking people in the eye and asking them to write a check is hard work... 

Earlier in the day I told someone... "I just need someone to write the first check"... 

I feel like I have been holding my breathe since I arrived... wondering if I could really raise $100,000 in one month while visiting churches during the summer months of a recession... plus another $4,000 in ongoing monthly expense for GBI... 

If you don't know much about church giving... summer months + recession do not equal BIG BUCKS...

But God was moving tonight... just as I was about to skip the "BIG ASK"... solely because I was afraid to ask... a guy in the group threw up his hand and offered to double the first $750 that the group gave that night... then after we ended in prayer he went around and spoke to each family and asked them to give on his own...

When all was said and done... the 8 families that attended the meeting gave $1940... 

I asked for the "first check" and God gave SEVEN... 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!!!
God is good!

Marino

Lena said...

That is awesome!

Kathy said...

I love it! Isn't God amazing! I'm so glad He sent "the guy" to your meeting. Just remember, you aren't asking for you, but for God's work, and if you don't ask, people might miss out on their opportunity to do the works which God has prepared beforehand for them to do!