08 August 2009

Back to Normal Life...

1 AM...

3 AM...

4:30 AM...

Each day we get closer to normal as we recover from our jet-lag...

Yesterday we stood in line as a family for 2 hours to renew our drivers license... only for me and Christine... Kadin gave in to the heat and took a nap in Christine's arms...

The day before I got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt as I was driving to the mechanic to get my broken seatbelt fixed... the 6 officers all riding in the back of a truck without seatbelts themselves asked me to give them all a "gift"... as a gift I gave a sermonette on why I don't support corruption and ended with a request for a ticket...

They all had a good laugh and drove off... thanking me for the good conversation...

Christine has been trying out her new tattoo kit on the rabbits and selling off her freshly butchered chicken...

The boys have been running naked in the yard... terrorizing the animals and making weapons out of anything they can find...

And finally a stonesinuganda story just got published on the NMSI site.... http://www.nmsi.org/uganda_gbi_lucy.aspx

Back to normal life...

2 comments:

Renee Franks said...

Now that you are back in Ug i think i need to stop reading your blog even the most mundane and miserable day like standing in the Ug DMV for hours is making me a little sick for my other home...

Sallie said...

New post???
Mom