02 August 2009

The fam... Kadin 4.4

Kadin is 4 years and 4 months old now... he will begin in his final year of preschool when we return to Uganda... and he can't wait to get home...

Repeatedly on this trip he has told me... "Daddy, I need to get on 3 airplanes to get to my house!"

It is weird for me to think the the US is foreign to him... but it's true... Uganda is his home and there is no place on earth were he would rather be...


Kadin like Noah is used to a constant stream of visitors in his life... but while Noah is immediately becoming their BFF Kadin is content to keep his people to a short list... the great thing about making it onto his list is that you are "in" with Kadin your "in"...


Kadin and Noah are just as opposite as they come... but they are best friends... Kadin loves to get Noah to beat on him... we joke that Kadin was born with the 6th love language "rough touch"... he'll laugh for hours as Noah jumps on him and throws his body at him any way imaginable...

Kadin has a spark in his eye... it shines bright for about 12 hours of non-stop energy and comes to a complete stop when it is time for rest... Christine and I are always devising a special activities that will wear him out so he'll take a nap... but usually it fails and we find ourselves drinking coffee around 3 PM...

If I had my way Kadin would stay 4 for another 4 or so years... I love this age... Kadin is a great snuggler and isn't afraid to tell me that he "needs daddy"


2 comments:

Jen said...

No offense GBI, but posts about the boys are my favorites! Thanks Jeff!

Sallie said...

Ditto!
Nanny