18 September 2009

Three years with Joseline...


Three years ago today Joseline came to live with us... she has been with our family for so long it is weird to think of what our family would be like without her...

I don't even think I could begin to explain all that Joseline has meant to our family over the last three years...

Many of you know of her brave heroics from times she has beaten thieves in our home, killed snakes or watched over and protected the boys... but there is also a soft and gentle side to Joseline... times when we find her sitting under the jackfruit tree with the boys singing to them or telling them about Jesus...

I'll never forget the first time she cried as she heard me discipline Kadin... she thought I was beating him... like his father he can be a bit dramatic... she cried for over an hour as I explained to her that I discipline Kadin because I love him and want to see him grow to be a great man...

The next day she brought Kadin to me and asked me to discipline him again!

I have never doubted her loyalty or love for our family since that day... and that loyalty has been a constant help and encouragement to us over and over... whether she is helping us understand something about Uganda or Ugandan culture or she is warning us of people who are trying to take advantage of us... she has become the Ugandan member of our family and a part of our missions experience that God gave to us as part of His great care for us...

After what happened last week with Julius I think Joseline is also a great reminder to not close ourselves off to people... if we chose not to open ourselves up we will never experience the love and joy in relationships that God wants us to experience here in Uganda... the love and joy that our family has experienced by having Joseline in our home!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sending hugs to Joseline!

marcie said...

Joseline is a true gift in every sense of the word!!!

Sallie said...

We love you Joseline!

Nanny and Pops

Anders Branderud said...

Hello and good morning (morning for you when you see this)!

I found your blog and read your post.

I think that the website www.netzarim.co.il will be of interest to you and your readers. It contains research about Ribi Yehoshua (the Messiah) from Nazareth and what he taught.

Have a nice day!
Anders Branderud