15 April 2010

Bring your sons to work...

One of the many things I enjoy about life in Uganda is that kids are always welcome... I can't think of a time that I have brought the boys to an event and received those glares from the rest of the adults who left their kids with a sitter... although believe me Christine and I enjoy our "breaks" when we get them...

Last week I had an opportunity to give Christine a break with the boys home on their spring break... I figured that a day at work with dad won't slow done too much progress...

Within 10 minutes there was spilled juice on my desk and the boys had commandeered my computer to visit www.bobthebuilder.com... I excepted that it was a day of compromise so I decided to let them color with my dry erase markers... 

I took a quick walk around the campus to make sure that the noises from my office weren't too loud and when I returned I discovered a few changes...


Specifically to Kadin's face...

Things went much smoother once I put Noah in charge... the boys made the switch to crayons and Noah taught me how to down load coloring sheets from the internet... which spared document upon document on my desk...

By noon I was able to drop the boys off at a friends house and they were able to splash around in the water for a few hours...

School started back up this week and now I understand why coffee shops around Kampala are filled with happy moms the first day of every term!

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Kadin is a cutie - even with dry erase marker on his face!

Love, Nanny