21 May 2010

Urgent Request...

I am finding myself at a complete lose right now...

Recently a friend confronted me on something in my life... something I couldn't see...
As soon as they confronted me I wanted to hide it and try to just grow in that area on my own...

 

Finally I got the courage to talk to my wife about it... 

Fortunately she was compassionate enough to help me see the problem for myself... although it hurt to see the truth and the fear of losing everything feels so real... I am comforted to know that she is standing with me through it...
 

I'm 30 years old and I am going bald... 

It's so bad that 3 months without a haircut... which my co-workers refer to as "the gel phase" ... can't hide a thing...

Knowing that it's Friday afternoon and you are probably completely zoned out at work I am urgently requesting that you stop and take time to leave a comment...

Should a shave it... cut it... dye it... or celebrate the fact that I can still grow a mullet???

11 comments:

ben said...

Take a chance to restart. Just like Windows - when it goes wrong, just reboot afresh. Take your chances in a brave new world ;-) Check it out: http://inthepearlofafrica.blogspot.com/2010/04/40.html

Lena said...

i dont know about shaving it...you look like a skin head when you do! maybe you should try getting a wig or getting it plated! Both very popular hair options here in uganda...haha! :) sorry...im awake at 3am...thats the best advice i can muster at this time of night!

Sallie said...

Jeff - just get over it! You have a lot more hair than your Dad did at that age!

John said...

Jeff, Really, you didn't see this coming. Did you not ever notice what happened to me???? Hello! At least you got about eight years more grace than I did. Love, ya

Beth said...

I wasn't going to say anything but... haha! At least you still have humor?! And... ANOTHER lizard?! I love catching up with all of you on here =)

Marcie said...

I know a guy who used that spray on hair paint stuff. It would probably work except for the fact that it rains all the time there! Want me to send some with the next team??

Adam said...

Jeff I went bald at 23. It's not as tragic as it seems, although in colder climates you have to wear beanies more often and you will need a bigger supply of sunscreen.

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcie said...

Rock the comb-over...start a new trend in Uganda!

Jen said...

Huh, I never been asked to pray about hair before, I guess it can't hurt! While we're at it, let's thank our parents for their generous genes, you get the balding and I get the premature gray. Our folks are so kind! I like the comb over suggestion. You'd make it work!

Sallie said...

Jen - Do I detect a note of bitterness???? You must admit, the premature gray is a lot easier to deal with than the balding issues - at least you can hide it!