23 August 2010

Arthritis Blues...

I should feel taller, stronger and more sculpted...

But after 20 minutes of Winsor Pilates I feel uncoordinated, frustrated and feminine...

It's exactly 5 weeks since my last run... It's been 5 years since I've gone this long... but back then I was 26 years old and in amazing shape from running in Colorado for 5 weeks... so I rested the stress fracture in my right foot for 5 weeks and then went on to run the Long Beach Marathon in 4:20 after sitting for 5 weeks...

The point of this story is to brag that I once ran a marathon with a broken foot... humor me for a bit... it's helping the pain in my knees and elbows to go away...

But the second point is that not long ago I didn't believe I had many physical limitations... injuries would go away... stretching was a waste of time ... and every morning no matter how little sleep or what I did the day before I could jump out of bed...

But today I am sore from doing pilates and I have the arthritis blues... I'm only 31 but I feel like I'm 80... and some lady in spandex just told me to "squeeze my tushy!"

You'd think after 4.5 years in Africa I'd learn patience... but today I want to moan a bit... and I'd like to know when I'll be running again... or at least walking without fantasizing about having a cane...  two or three months is starting to feel light years away...

Time for some brownies... Pilates will do that to you!

1 comment:

Lena said...

you are right...brownies make everyone feel better :)