14 August 2010

My computer is not killing me...

I'm alive...

After 7.5 days of computer fasting I'm back!

But I'm still a gimp... my knees are swollen and I walk like a 90 year old... going down stairs is my greatest physical challenge these days... but I don't care... I have great news!

My computer is NOT killing me!

I am NOT stressed out, burned out or washed out!

I have Reactive Arthritis! Also known as Reiter's Syndrome... sounds like "Writer's Syndrome"

If you read the article you may not think this is great news but I think it is amazing! To say the least I've been frustrated... after 4 doctors, message treatment, chiropratic treatment, acupunture, steriods and 6 days off the computer nothing was getting better...

I was also tired of hearing... "You're stressed, you're afraid to move forward, you're doing too much, etc"... I love my job... I love Uganda...   I love my wife and boys... I'm excited about the challenges of moving GBI... and I take care of my body - anyone want to race? ...but now I have proof... I am SICK!

Now if you read the article or google "Reactive Arthritis" you might be alarmed.... it's an autoimmune where you "can't see, can't pee and can't bend the knee" ... fortunately I got mine from an intestinal infection rather than an STD so my symptoms are all in my joints and I have not experienced the other unfortunate side effects of can't pee and can't see...

The treatment is to get rid of the parasites that started this and to take high doses of steroids... look out A-Rod! Within 2-3 months I should be running marathons, going downstairs without moaning and wrestling all over the house with the boys!

The computer fast was great... although eliminating stress would probably involve moving to a monastry... I'll share more on that later...

For now... I'm alive... I made it to my 31st year of life... and my Mac got a well earned rest!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

glad to hear you are not dying from stress and that you'll be well soon! We're following along your journey and praying for you guys, swollen knees and zebras and all!