17 August 2010

Personal Lessons Learned from a Computer Fast...

Even though I'm an extrovert... breaks from people and communication are necessary...

Computers and technology easily become idols...

Morning snuggles with the boys beat out morning emails any day of the week...

Computers have led to the demise of my short-term memory... I can't remember a think unless my computer tells me...

Whether I watch or don't watch... the Dodgers are horrible this year...

The delete button can be the most efficient way of clearing an overstuffed inbox...

Sometimes the best way to delegate is to completely remove yourself... 

Fasting of any kind is a great remind of Who is really in control and Who supplies everything we need...

7.5 days off the computer... and the world is still spinning...  I'll have to do this again!

1 comment:

John said...

So, it's one of those moments when you realize that even things that seem essential are not necessarily so. It is freeing to let some things go (technology makes the user slave to the machine) The Great I AM wants us to all remember to be satisfied in Him alone.
We are very glad you are getting healthier and that you can find balance and time for what is most important.