20 September 2010

Dependency...

I spent the afternoon on Sunday with Glen Shwartz...

Not in person... I was just reading his book again "When Charity Destroys Dignity"... it is always a great kick in the pants to read someone's thoughts whose been involved in missions longer than I've been alive...

I'm getting ready to speak in a panel discussion "Global Poverty and Dependency" at the Desiring God National Conference...

Okay... so I wrote that last sentence to brag a little... I'm super excited!

But as I am getting ready I wanted to hear some fresh voices... so this week I'm going to throw out a few questions and I'd love to hear your thoughts...


TODAY'S QUESTION

Reverse the rolls... Give an illustration of what would it look like if Americans were dependent on Africans. Or are we and we just don't know it (play dramatic music in your head)?


I don't know if that first one was a question or command but please feel free to answer... extra points for creativity....

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm loving the emails... anyone brave enough to post?

spencer maccuish said...

so could we imagine inviting an african to speak at a conference/seminar on spiritual realities? I think they would have a lot to offer to the naturalistic western churches.

There that is my bold foray into these uncharted waters...(that should make it safer for others)

John said...

Is it possible to have us learn about living in the present from someone in Uganda as opposed to our over-scheduled, time-managed weekend days of rest in the USA.