23 September 2010

Is this the place?

A brief break from dependency...

In the excitement of purchasing a new campus... I must confess I really didn't put much stock in the emotions that would arise from moving from the only home our boys remember, the possibility of them changing schools and the distance from many of the friendships that we had established in the Bunga area...
To be frank... I need to hit a home run in the housing department... and not overlook the needs and feelings on my family...

Christine has been a trooper... she has been incredibly supportive... and today she really impressed me... 

The first house had the toilet in the hallway (no door)... an outdoor water tank "inside" the house with rain water easily falling through... not a blade of grass, just concrete and the smell of sewer all around...

She was smiling and very polite to the owners... I was sweating bullets... and then we went to house #2...
 

Seriously, it is beautiful... a quiet hillside... a smaller house... and room for the boys to explore and have all kinds of new adventures...

And then I noticed something in the distance...
 
I was so turned around I hadn't realize that we were able 100 meters from the edge of the new GBI campus...

Here is a picture of the house from the new campus... 
I love the idea of walking to work... the boys running to my office after school and Christine having farm land all around...

We moved a ton before settling in Bunga for the last 4 years and I am battling the guilt of un-settling the family... I'd love it if we found a new home like this that has a little something for everyone...

If you don't mind praying about houses... I'd love it if you could pray that we would find the right place for our family... and that maybe this could be the right place...

The houses you see in this picture were not for rent or for sale... our realtor has called the owners and they are deciding right now to rent, sell or tell us to take a hike... if they do rent we don't know when they will be able to finish the house... if they do sell we don't know if we can afford it... if they tell us to take a hike... we definitely won't be going back to the first house...

What we do know is that we have a strong call to stay another 5-10 years... maybe even more... and God knows the rest...

2 comments:

Preston Sprinkle said...

wow! That house looks like it was transported from the burbs of Simi. Man, and we keep telling our kids that all Africans live in grass huts, run around naked, and go weeks (sometimes months) without food. They have realtors over there?

Melinda said...

Yay! So glad to hear the "5-10 years, maybe even more . . ." How exciting. Definitely praying for you guys!

Cute house, BTW