22 December 2010

Everything is Changing... Part 3

If I am worried about any change... it would have to be the change in schools for the boys...

The new school is amazing... it feels like we are sending our kids to Oaks Christian High School.. and the price is closer than you think... but check it out this school... it's amazing! http://www.kabiraschool.com/ ... Noah and Kadin will easily make it into Harvard if they graduate from KISU (Kampala International School, Uganda...



But I remember my own experience of changing schools half way through first grade... Noah is in 2nd Grade and Kadin is in Kindergarten... at the time I was convinced that I would never make any new friends... facebook hadn't been invented yet so I had to do it the old fashion way...

I am sure that Noah will have 25 friends on the first day... but I also know that at some point he will be sad about all the friends he is leaving behind at Rainbow... Kadin will be shy... and will probably growl and make monster noises few times at the other kids until he establishes himself as the alpha male of the class... apart from that I can't predict what will happen...

I guess the thing I want most with all the change is for the boys to see God's provision and their parent's faith... rather than other not so positive responses that can happen with any change that missionary kids experience...

It seems funny to worry about that after all God has done to provide and pave the way for all these changes... fortunately He knows my kids better than I do and He has a perfect plan to show them His great love for them...

The new school starts on January 10th... and Noah is chomping at the bit to put on his new uniform... change is happening...ready or not... here it comes!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

wait! Is this the school you were talking about when you were in MSP for the DG thing? You guys got it?? Awesome! (ok..... the ivy league should get ready!)

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Mehl said...

Continuing to pray for all of you. Thanks for the continuing updates!