05 December 2010

Miraculous Provision...

I survived the camp out in Kidepo...  despite a minor emergency...

On Monday I got an itch... so I scratched it... within seconds my entire body was covered in hives from head to toe...

This is the fourth time this has happened this year and each time I required an emergency dose of steroids...  which explains why I look like Lou Ferigno...

Unfortunately we were in the middle of nowhere... the cell towers weren't working and we were about 8 hours of bumpy dirt roads from a town with a medical clinic...

I asked the other guys what meds they had and came up empty... so as we started out on a game drive back to the rangers station my plan was to ask when the next airplane of supplies was coming so I could hitch a ride back to Kampala...

As we were heading out a Landcruiser pulled up... one of only two other cars that we saw the entire four days in the game park.... I decided to ask the driver if he knew how I could find the steroids in Kidepo without jumping on a flight... he told me to ask the passenger in the seat behind him...

As soon as I explained to the man what I needed he pulled out his bag and handed me 3 days worth of steroids... the exact type and amount that I needed... and sold them to me for $1.50...

Seriously, there is no way to explain what the odds are of having the exact medications I need showing up in the most remote location I could think of in Uganda...

I think it is just another remind... which I needed to hear and see in a miraculous way... that God is my provider... 

The stress of raising $250,000 for the new GBI campus and another $75,000 to build a house for our family has been seriously weighing on me... I feel a pressure to provide for the school and even more for my family... but the truth is that I can't do it on my own and that I need to daily remember that God is the provider and I need to be faithful to seek after Him for all I need... and to learn to wait when it is not His timing...

In the case of the steroids His timing was perfect... now it is time to trust Him in the same way to provide for my family and for the school...

1 comment:

Homesteading Woman said...

Love your hair! Will have to get the name of your stylist:)Love you guys and miss you all. Give your little guys big hugs for us. We are believing with you for your daily provision and we know God is always on time with what we need. Merry Christmas!
Jamie