07 February 2011

Noah the Evangelist...

It's been awhile...

Somewhere along the way I missed blogging about Christmas, the year in review, resolutions I won't keep, our 5 Year Anniversary in Uganda and Christine's Birthday...

Sorry for the unplanned blogging sabbatical... fortunately Christine has been picking up the slack in my absence...

But this is something I can't skip over and I want to seal for eternity on public record... especially for the boys to remember...

On February 2, 2011 in the top bunk of their bedroom... sometime after lights out... Noah led Kadin to Christ!

Each morning we have a 30 minute ride to school and here is the conversation from the morning after...

Noah: "Kadin, tell daddy that you believe in Jesus!"
Kadin: "I believe in Jesus!"

Many congratulations... high fives and hugs were exchanged... all with at least one eye on the road and one hand on the wheel...

Kadin: "But Noah - Why is Santa (this is not a misspelling) going to burn us in hell?
Noah: "You mean Satan"
Kadin: "Yeah, Santa"
Noah: "It's Satan Kadin... and he burns people for their sin"
Kadin: "I think we should go to hell and kill him"
Noah: "Kadin we don't have to because we will be in heaven"
Kadin: "But I want to be a good knight and kill Santa"

Noah gives up correcting at this point but I can tell that he is a real "fire and brimstone" preacher at nighttime...

Noah: "Kadin, do you love Jesus?"
Kadin: "Yeah, I also love dolphins and killer whales? Noah, do you know what killer whales eat?"

And that ended the conversation about Jesus and Kadin's conversion... overall, it was a great morning... but next Christmas should be a little confusing for Kadin if we don't get this "Santa / Satan mix-up" resolved...

3 comments:

Lena said...

haha...I wish blogs had a "like" button...I can totally picture this and it makes me smile!

Melinda said...

LOL! That is hilarious! My girls and I can picture that conversation in our heads.

How awesome that Noah and Kadin are having these conversations about Jesus. . . . .and Santa and dolphins :)

It is good that you write these stories down. So cute!

Darren said...

This is awesome! I can picture Jesus and a few other dudes having a great party over this conversation!