06 September 2011

Insanity...

Great title for a post... or description of life in general...

Christine and I decided to give Insanity with Shaun T a try...All you'll get is a photo... because the video evidence has been destroyed... and the switch-kicks have a way of making me look thin...


I don't know if the workout really helped with weight loss but clothes fit better than ever and I survived the worst hernia scare of my life... after 3 days a flinching at anything moving and pain with every body movement I met the doctor...

I thought he would at least tell me to rest... but with typical Ugandan bed side manner he encouraged me that guys my size shouldn't avoid stomach exercise and that I should keep it up... thanks!

In other Insanity news... Noah made the school swim team so we are trying out competitive sports for the first time with the boys... the insane part is keeping up with the after school swim schedule...

Kadin's life is insanely busy with his goats... 5 goats have given birth to 6 babies in the last 4 days... Kadin claims them all as his own children... now that he is in Year 1 he will also have homework... which really is just insanity for me and Christine...

Christine is starting her masters thesis, working with the rabbits and goats, shuttling the boys to and from school, hosting rabbit trainings... and to top it off has decided to sell all the living room and dinning room furniture so she can repaint and find furniture that fits our small house... pretty amazingly she is paying for all of it with the money she made from selling the old stuff...

I'm doing the same old thing... with a new name... GBI is now Africa Renewal Christian College... complete with its own new blog and facebook... we are working on the next level of accreditation to start a bachelors degree by January 2013 and continually renovating and improving the new campus...

So sorry for the long blog absence but such is the nature of our insane life...

No comments: