05 January 2012

Noah's First Communion

Normally I won't stop someone from walking down the aisle at church... unless it is my 8 year old son heading to the alter for seconds on the crackers and juice...

Noah's first communion wasn't a planned event... we almost missed church entirely... two members of the family celebrated the New Year bowing before the white throne... I was the last one to bed at 10:30PM (it was New Years somewhere in Africa by then) only to find Kadin crying on the toilet 15 minutes later because, in his words, "his butt was on fire and his stomach was angry!"

So we brought in the New Year snuggled on the couch...

The next morning neither car would start... this is a recent phenomena of everything we own breaking which we carried over to the new year... after 30 minutes of banging on the batteries and my failed attempt to jump start the Rav4 pushing it up a small incline a neighbor came over to give us a jump... so covered in sweat and grease Noah and I set off to church while mom and Kadin headed off to the doctor...

Our church started keeping the children in service for the first 45 minutes which I think is great... I'll support any training to help the boys sit still.... when they announced communion I realized that Noah didn't have a clue what was happening...

I told him we were about to eat Jesus and he needed to listen close to the instructions... I am not claiming to be the best missionary dad... but it worked and Noah was all ears...other than trying to get up for seconds he did great... when we got home I was curious what he remembered so I asked him to tell mom and Kadin about communion...

"The bread represents Jesus body which was broken for us and the juice represents his blood which was poured out for us"

I was impressed with my 8 year old and how much is is growing not only in size but also in knowledge and understanding...  so here's praying and hoping that he continues to grow in his knowledge of His Savior!

1 comment:

John said...

Good to have you blogging again. Also,it is good to remember these special days in the lives of your sons.