28 February 2012

Integrity has a price... Part 2

It's the half way point... just over a week since being asked for the bribe to settle the land dispute and a week left until the trial...

A number of you have been praying with us... and are curious about how things are going...

It's been quite... really quite... this is normal... if I keep calling the lawyers, seller, judge or anyone else involved I will look like the worried mizungu... then they will get confident that I will cave in and pay the bribe... so it is true that Philippians 4:6 really works (be anxious for nothing) even for handling corruption...

But I did check in with our lawyers today and received some great news... the seller and judge are showing up to court on March 6 and they are both aware that we will not pay a bribe... this is great news because at least our case will be heard... then ultimately the decision is in the hands of the court...

So it looks like #1 on our prayer list from the last post has been answered... now we just need to keep praying for #2-6!

Personally I feel more at peace about the whole situation than I have at any point in the process (prayer is working!)... I'm also excited for the students and staff... I really believe that a strong stand against corruption will be a testimony for the institution and legacy for the students to follow for years to come...

No comments: