06 April 2012

7 Years of Adventure...

April 6, 2005 Christine woke me up at 6 AM and said "it's time!"

We raced to the 118 Freeway headed for Kaiser in Woodland Hills and never made it...

She convinced me to turn around and go to Thousand Oaks Hospital...

Looking back I think having Kadin in the car would have made a better story... then again he probably would have been named Honda Civic Atherstone...

Noah loves hearing this story every year... especially the part where he and I race through the hospital after signing the admission papers for Christine and he pees all the way down my shirt and jeans out of excitement... who forgets to put a fresh diaper on an 18 month old boy in the morning?

I guess it's bound to happen to any young father on the day one of his kids is born...

 We all made it through that day... but the adventures never end... 

Kadin can fill a room with laughter... strike fear in the hearts of supervising adults all while capturing their hearts forever... he can lead you to imaginary places that few would ever dream of... and at the end of the day he can sit in your arms for ages with his gentle embrace...

He is loud but loves the quiet...

He entertains crowds yet loves to be alone...

He is consistently surprising...

He is growing too fast but still my little boy..



I could write about my boys for ages... but better still they are old enough to hear it straight from me and understand... I couldn't think of any pleasure and responsibility on earth that is greater than being entrusted with these two little men... 

If I could stop time and enjoy these stages of life a little more I would... but for now each birthday marks how fast my time with them is passing and reminds me of how important it is to tell them each day how special they are... how much I love them... and how important it is for them to give their lives to a Father much greater than me...

We love you Kadin!



1 comment:

HollyB said...

dear jeffrey -

your father's heart is beautiful!

you are a fantastic writer!

and i think that honda civic atherstone sounds totally groovy! :-)

xoxoxo from hollyb