31 August 2012

Re-Entry

We have been back in Uganda for 4 weeks... It took a little longer than expected to re-adjust after 3 months in the US but I think I have finally accomplished all the re-entry markers...

1) I now use my signal to indicate turning rather than accidentally turning on my windshield wipers...

2) I no longer break into a sweat when turning wondering which side of the road the car should end up on...

3) I have spent an entire day in bed wishing that whatever is attacking my body would stop... and praying that my stomach would soon be empty...

4) The boys British accent is as thick as ever...

5) I now get hungry by tea time rather than lunch time...

6) I can no longer distinguish my own scent when riding in a taxi...

7)  Being covered in sweat and feeling a cool breeze is now just as good as a room with AC

8) I now hoot instead of honk

9) I've spent time in "the red zone" with a known target of the Al-Shabab... only bothering to tell my other American friend after we were in the clear... wasn't that funny Howard?

10) I strive for a consistent level of dehydration when moving around town to avoid having to find a toilet...

11) And finally Christine rescued the newest family pet!

Oh Uganda... it's great to be home!

2 comments:

Megan Miranda said...

It's official...now we have to visit so that Andrew can hold the monkey:)
p.s. Andrew thinks you put clothes on it!

Jeff said...

When Andrew comes over we will let him put clothes on all of the monkeys he can find!